Dates: January 6-9, 2020
Hilton Philadelphia at Penns Landing
201 S. Christopher Columbus Blvd.
Philadelphia, PA 19106
The deadline for the group hotel rate is December 16, 2019.
The Hilton Penns Landing has provided a link to reserve rooms in our meeting block.
If you wish to reserve your room(s) via phone, call 1-800-HILTONS.
Be certain to specify that you are with the 2020 Northeastern Plant, Pest, and Soils Conference. Single and double rates are $129/night.
Submit your title and abstract at the following site:
- Title Submission Deadline: September 20, 2019
- Abstract Submission Deadline: January 3, 2020
To review instructions for submission of titles, click the Call for Papers link below.
The program runs from January 6 to 9, 2020.
- Monday, January 6 will feature society board and committee meetings in the afternoon, and the event kickoff, a social mixer themed “One Line Interviews”, featuring a speed-dating format for graduate students to meet other society members while enjoying fun, fellowship, food, and free libation.
- Tuesday, January 7 will start with the Poster session, then transition into general programming featuring Society awards, and President’s address. The afternoon will feature the meeting theme symposium Inclusion and Diversity in Science, and the day will end with section roundtables featuring industry updates and facilitated discussion, leading to an evening social.
- Wednesday, January 8 will feature graduate student programming, with an all-societies student oral presentation session, and an afternoon symposium themed Overcommitted and Overstressed: A Primer to Our Future Careers, featuring Society members providing how-to and how-not-to insights on career management and trajectory.
After an evening of fellowship, we will regather for the now iconic Dessert Social.
- Thursday, January 9 we will conduct concurrent sessions hosting the remainder of the volunteered content, likely divided into sessions featuring Agronomic Crops; Fruits and Vegetables; and Turf, Ornamental, and Non-crop. The meeting will adjourn, and you’ll be on your way home by lunch time.
- Other highlights include the graduate student luncheon (or breakfast, still TBD), graduate student night-out, and a new meeting element, a Poster Slam. Each student poster presenter will have two minutes, a full 120 seconds, to summarize their work in a general session setting.
Conference Registration will become active in late October.